What does your ideal retirement look like?
Do you and your partner share the same ideas for retirement?
Nowadays, retirement can be many different things: shifting from full-time to part-time work, beginning a new career from scratch, stopping work altogether, volunteering, or simply stopping work and traveling.
The possibilities for retirement are endless. “New” retirement assumes you’ll live another 20, 30, or 40 years in retirement, so having a plan for what you’ll do post-career is more important than ever!
According to Forbes, here are some of the things a financial planner can help you decide about your retirement:
- “Long-term care insurance – is it right for you? What will premiums cost you and will this insurance be sufficient to staunch the drain on your assets if you need at home or institutional care?
- Significant reserves for health care – Medicare covers some medical costs but these need to be supplemented with savings.
- The possibility that adult children or grandchildren will need significant financial support – are you willing or able to help in that way (if you want to)?
- What happens if you’re married and your spouse unexpectedly needs care or predeceases you – are you still able to fund your ideal retirement?
- Longevity risk is a key issue for this new generation of potential retirees. It’s great to live longer, but how will you fund your lifestyle if you live into your 80s or 90s?”
Talk to the Experts on Financial Planning in Ann Arbor
Working hand-in-hand with an expert in financial planning is the best way to examine all of your ideal retirement scenarios and see how many of them will leave you on solid ground to begin your perfect retirement.
To talk to a financial planner who can help you examine all your options and who cares about not only your money goals, but your lifestyle goals too, contact Imber Wealth Advisors!